8/3/15

From Gary... Amidst the rain!!!


What a dark, rainy, miserable day it is!  The ground is saturated and reports of flooding abound. As bad as it is, it is still a welcome relief from 90+ temperatures EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Yet, in both conditions- God is there!!!!
The Psalmist has said...

Psalm 139 (WEB)
 1  Yahweh, you have searched me,
and you know me.
  2 You know my sitting down and my rising up.
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
  3 You search out my path and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways.
  4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.
  5 You hem me in behind and before.
You laid your hand on me.
  6 This knowledge is beyond me.
It’s lofty.
I can’t attain it.
  7 Where could I go from your Spirit?
Or where could I flee from your presence?

And, why would one ever want to flee from his presence? Light, love and power are there. Circumstances may change, we may change, but GOD does not. And he never will leave us; even though HE knows everything about us. Somehow the rain seems better now!!!