10/20/15

From Gary.... The path to the impossible


Elephants are strange looking creatures; bulky, near-sighted, huge, hairy beasts, they grow to monstrous size and strength. But with all their strength, some things must be very difficult for them- including catching ones tail. I can only imagine how many times this one tried- and failed!!!  But, LOOK!!! He (or perhaps, she) succeeded. I know that feeling, that overwhelming relief when I finally succeed at something I continually kept FAILING AT. 

But, when you finally achieve that long sought after goal- then what? This question occurred to me yesterday when I read in Paul's second letter to the Corinthians...

2 Corinthians, Chapter 12 (WEB)

1 It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. For I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.  2 I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I don’t know, or whether out of the body, I don’t know; God knows), such a one caught up into the third heaven.  3 I know such a man (whether in the body, or outside of the body, I don’t know; God knows),  4 how he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.  5 On behalf of such a one I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in my weaknesses.  6 For if I would desire to boast, I will not be foolish; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, so that no man may think more of me than that which he sees in me, or hears from me.  7 By reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted excessively, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, that I should not be exalted excessively.  8 Concerning this thing, I begged the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  9 He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. 

  10  Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong. 



The answer to the "then what" is found in the grace of God; that you (like Paul) will be able to handle whatever is put in front of you next and OVERCOME!!!!  Paul did this- and so can we!!!!

Sound impossible? IT IS NOT!!! If you have some extra time today, re-read the Corinthian passage and listen to Jackie Evancho sing. It made my day; and I hope it will bless yours as well!!!!!!




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANEFZJ01OiY

Who knows- you just might remember all this for a long time. But, now we are back to Elephants again; and that is the end of this tale (tail)!!! SUCCESS!!!!!