12/14/15

From Gary.... DELIGHTFUL!!!


When we retired, we went back to only one vehicle and that was my wife's SUV (a Chevy Equinox). To me it just seems like a large car, but it is classified as a TRUCK. I do like the handling ability, because the turning radius is top notch!!! But, if I were going to intentionally buy a TRUCK, this little baby would be on the SHORT LIST!!!  Why? Power, Style, sleeping quarters and a certain "Herman Munsteresque" quality!!! When I saw this on the net today, I thought- now that's a truck I could live with- absolutely delightful!!! Humm, what is truly delightful to YOU?  Read on...

Psalm 40 (WEB)
 1  I waited patiently for Yahweh.
He turned to me, and heard my cry.
  2 He brought me up also out of a horrible pit,
out of the miry clay.
He set my feet on a rock,
and gave me a firm place to stand.
  3 He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God.
Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in Yahweh.
  4 Blessed is the man who makes Yahweh his trust,
and doesn’t respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
  5 Many, Yahweh, my God, are the wonderful works which you have done,
and your thoughts which are toward us.
They can’t be declared back to you.
If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
  6 Sacrifice and offering you didn’t desire.
You have opened my ears.
You have not required burnt offering and sin offering.
  7 Then I said, “Behold, I have come.
It is written about me in the book in the scroll.
  8 I delight to do your will, my God.
Yes, your law is within my heart.”


Better than any vehicle ever built, able to do whatever HE wants and never, ever, out of style- that is the God who created every single thing around us!!!  Now, don't get me wrong, the TRUCK IS BEAUTIFUL; but it will never LOVE YOU BACK!!! 

And if you think GOD is DELIGHTFUL, then consider what HEAVEN will be like. Imagine, living for ever with those who feel the same LOVE for GOD that you do--  

DELIGHTFUL, ABSOLUTELY, DELIGHTFUL!!!