1/18/16

From Gary... Hi!


Today is Monday, the first day of the "work week" and as I sat down to write, the question naturally came to me - Well, what do I write about today?  Do I write something philosophical to encourage critical thinking, or perhaps something global, to get us to think of humanity as a whole? Maybe something political- no, wait; I am sick of politics! And then my dog looked up at me and I knew what to write- something that reflects his nature. And the picture just seemed to fit!!!!  But, what about the Bible... That wasn't hard at all, for if you look at the introductions in the New Testament, you will find things like the following...

Romans, Chapter 1 (WEB)
8  First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, that your faith is proclaimed throughout the whole world.  9 For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the Good News of his Son, how unceasingly I make mention of you always in my prayers,  10 requesting, if by any means now at last I may be prospered by the will of God to come to you.

1 Corinthians, Chapter 1 (WEB)
4  I always thank my God concerning you, for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus; 

2 Corinthians, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort;  4 who comforts us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Philippians, Chapter 1 (WEB)

1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Jesus Christ; 

To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers  and servants:  2 Grace to you, and peace from God, our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.  3 I thank my God whenever I remember you,  4 always in every request of mine on behalf of you all making my requests with joy,


James, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are in the Dispersion: Greetings.  2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you fall into various temptations,  3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  4 Let endurance have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

1 Peter, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the chosen ones who are living as foreigners in the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,  2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy became our father again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  4 to an incorruptible and undefiled inheritance that doesn’t fade away, reserved in Heaven for you,  5 who by the power of God are guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  6 Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been put to grief in various trials,  7 that the proof of your faith, which is more precious than gold that perishes even though it is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ—  8 whom not having known you love; in whom, though now you don’t see him, yet believing, you rejoice greatly with joy unspeakable and full of glory—  9 receiving the result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

1 John, Chapter 1 (WEB)
 1 That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we saw, and our hands touched, concerning the Word of life  2 (and the life was revealed, and we have seen, and testify, and declare to you the life, the eternal life, which was with the Father, and was revealed to us); 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us. Yes, and our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son, Jesus Christ.  4 And we write these things to you, that our joy may be fulfilled. 

Jude (WEB)

  1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and kept for Jesus Christ:  2 Mercy to you and peace and love be multiplied. 

  3  Beloved, while I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I was constrained to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.



Good wishes, found in various forms are the reflection of a love that God instills in his followers. And the introductions of the letters by the New Testament proclaim this loudly. Christians, love one another, care for one another, for the days ahead are going to be filled with difficulty and persecution. 

If I could do but one good deed today, my intent would be just to make your day a little bit better; because God has made mine better by HIS sacrifice for ME!!!!

Your friend,

Gary