7/12/16

God understands by Gary Rose


God understands. Simple sentence, profound meaning. The creator of the entire universe understands. But, WHAT does HE understand? In a word, EVERYTHING! Really, God understands everything?? How do I know if this is true?

God said it and Jesus lived it- that's how!!!

Isaiah, Chapter 53 (WEB)

Who has believed our message,
and to whom has the arm of Yahweh been revealed? 
  2 For he went up like a shoot before him,
and like a root from dry ground.
He had no form and no majesty that we should see him,
and no appearance that we should take pleasure in him. 
  3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of suffering, and acquainted with sickness,
and like ⌞one from whom others hide their faces⌟, he was despised,
and we did not hold him in high regard. 
  4 However, he was the one who lifted up our sicknesses,
and he carried our pain,
yet we ourselves assumed him stricken,
struck down by God and afflicted. 
  5 But he was pierced because of our transgressions,
crushed because of our iniquities;
the chastisement for our peace was upon him,
and by his wounds ⌞we were healed⌟.


1 Corinthians, Chapter 15 (WEB)
1 Now I make known to you, brothers, the gospel which I proclaimed to you, which you have also received, in which you also stand,  2 by which you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the message I proclaimed to you, unless you believed to no purpose.  3 For I passed on to you ⌞as of first importance⌟ what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,  4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised up on the third day according to the scriptures,  5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve,  6 then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, the majority of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep. (emp. added GDR) 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,  8 and last of all, as it were to one born at the wrong time, he appeared also to me.  9 For I am the least of the apostles, not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.  10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been in vain, but I labored even more than all of them, and not I, but the grace of God with me.  11 Therefore whether I or those, in this way we preached, and in this way you believed. 

In light of all this, we know that God understands everything about us BECAUSE HE became like us. If God could not only humble himself to truly know us, but also suffer and die for us, this proves that HE understands. Where we are, so was HE. If we to listen to his son and to the Gospel message, then there is hope for us. Thank God some of us have listened to the Gospel!!! Acts, Chapter 2