10/13/16

Gone, but not forgotten by Gary Rose


Lawrence Welk; outside of being a band leader, I don't remember much about him, except perhaps that he had a strange accent.  If you don't remember him, perhaps the words "wonderful, wonderful" will jog your memory. 

I will always remember him because my mother loved him. As a child, I remember that in our house his show was the only one that she would strongly insist (and I do mean strongly) on watching!!!  And LORD help anyone who turned it off!!!

Here it is, 1 am in the morning and I run across this picture and immediately thought of this passage of Scripture...

Ephesians, Chapter 6 (WEB)
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with a promise:  3 “that it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth.”

It is sad that many people do not treat their parents with the respect they are due and I
wish that several of my siblings had treated her a bit better. But, its too late now, as she died a couple of months back.

The picture is nice and it does bring back memories, but I can't help but think how nice it would be to have her with us instead of that picture.

Life is like that- isn't it?