12/30/16

Have a good day by Gary Rose


So, there IS something good, even in BAD days. Humm, somehow I like my own saying: Everyday above ground is a good day, even the bad ones; and every day way above ground is called heaven. Semantics you say- well, maybe. However I just like the emphasis to be on the good and let that nasty old bad take a back seat.

Now, about this time I would be just thinking of Philippians 4:8, but when I went to the book to copy it, somehow the preceding verses caught my attention.  Rejoice, in nothing be anxious, etc..

So, perhaps it might be a good time to actually read the verses I had in mind...


Philippians, Chapter 4 (World English Bible)
 4 Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I will say, “Rejoice!”  5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.  6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. 

  8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report: if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think about these things.


If the Lord is at hand, rejoice! If you are praying, God knows what concerns you. And God will give you peace. To stay that way, think of the things mentioned in verse 4. The little mouse may be right, I may be- or perhaps BOTH of us.

A song came to mind...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk9o_ZeR7s


After all this- what could possibly go wrong?