1/30/17

"Is there anything too hard for me?... by Gary Rose



Is there? Anything at ALL? Really? The answer is a simple - NOTHING!!! And then I noticed that there was only an open quotation mark and looked for the rest of the story.

God says (through the prophet Jeremiah)...



Jeremiah, Chapter 32 (World English Bible)
 26 Then Yahweh’s word came to Jeremiah, saying,  27 “Behold, I am Yahweh, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for me? 28 Therefore Yahweh says: Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the Chaldeans, and into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he will take it.  29 The Chaldeans, who fight against this city, will come and set this city on fire, and burn it with the houses on whose roofs they have offered incense to Baal, and poured out drink offerings to other gods, to provoke me to anger. 

  30 “For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have done only that which was evil in my sight from their youth; for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, says Yahweh.  31 For this city has been to me a provocation of my anger and of my wrath from the day that they built it even to this day, so that I should remove it from before my face,  32 because of all the evil of the children of Israel and of the children of Judah, which they have done to provoke me to anger: they, their kings, their princes, their priests, their prophets, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.  33 They have turned their backs to me, and not their faces. Although I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not listened to receive instruction.  34 But they set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to defile it.  35 They built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through fire to Molech, which I didn’t command them. It didn’t even come into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.” 

  36 Now therefore Yahweh, the God of Israel, says concerning this city, about which you say, “It is given into the hand of the king of Babylon by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence:”  37 “Behold, I will gather them out of all the countries where I have driven them in my anger, and in my wrath, and in great indignation; and I will bring them again to this place. I will cause them to dwell safely.  38 Then they will be my people, and I will be their God.  39 I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their good, and the good of their children after them.  40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from following them, to do them good. I will put my fear in their hearts, that they may not depart from me. (emp. added vss. 37-40 GDR) 41 Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.” 

  42 For Yahweh says: “Just as I have brought all this great evil on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them.  43 Fields will be bought in this land, about which you say, ‘It is desolate, without man or animal. It is given into the hand of the Chaldeans.’  44 Men will buy fields for money, sign the deeds, seal them, and call witnesses, in the land of Benjamin, and in the places around Jerusalem, in the cities of Judah, in the cities of the hill country, in the cities of the lowland, and in the cities of the South; for I will cause their captivity to be reversed,” says Yahweh.

Israel had sinned. Israel had turned away from Yahweh. God punished them according to what they had done, but promised to restore them- and more that just that, HE promised them a new heart, a new covenant and a Godly fear. All this to teach them because he loved them.

I can only marvel at the mind of God and wonder how he will teach The United States of America to return to HIM???