4/13/17

Doing because of thinking by Gary Rose

I believe in The Bible and Jesus and follow God to the best of my ability. I try to follow the pattern laid down by the new testament and all these things have produced very positive results in my life. Habits like drinking alcohol, smoking, and using disgusting language are things of the past. However, I am still working on being a better disciple of Christ, so please be patient with me.


One way to know me is to listen to what I say and watch what I do. If you spot something inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and specifically those things taught by Jesus, then kindly bring it to my attention and I will consider changing my life. And please, do it in a nice way- my hearing seems to improve when people are kind.

The picture discusses Islam by listing common actions of some of its adherents. Are the people who do such things following God?


Please consider just two passages of Scripture...


Matthew, Chapter 7 (World English Bible)
15  “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.   16  By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?   17  Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit.   18  A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.   19  Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.  20  Therefore by their fruits you will know them.  (emp. added vss 15-20) 21  Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.   22  Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’  23  Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

 Philippians, Chapter 4 (WEB)
 8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report: if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think about these things. (emp. added, vs. 8)


You can tell what people are really like by what they do, which is a reflection of what they think. Consider what Christianity encourages us to think about (Philippians verse above) compared to the actions of Islam. I can only wonder at the depths of depravity that some followers of Islam can sink to?? Please note that I am NOT SAYING ALL MUSLIMS ARE DEPRIVED!!!


One last thing. Christianity teaches one to hate sin, but NOT THE SINNER!!! So, pray for those of all religions- that they might turn from all forms of violence and follow the true God.