4/10/17

Fear: The great motivator by Gary Rose


https://www.facebook.com/paulhortontv/videos/1885499091736017/

My son-in-law said about this picture(really the video on facebook, today): "This would be insane ". He is quite correct! I would never walk forward as the man in the video did (not really fond of heights).  There are a lot of things I could never see myself doing: kiss a Cobra, put a cockroach in my ear, pluck my own eye out (on purpose), climb Mt. Rainer, own a "smartcar" (too dangerous), or a thousand other things that I can't think of at the moment. Why? Because of the consequences, that's why!! Jesus warned people to be careful what they do, for God will judge us all by our actions. Jesus spoke of hell (Gehenna, if you will) more than anyone else in the Bible. To some people the following passage from what is commonly called "The sermon on the mount" may seem excessive, but Jesus said it, so I must believe that it is true...
 

Matthew, Chapter 5 (World English Bible)
 21  “You have heard that it was said to the ancient ones, ‘You shall not murder;’  and ‘Whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’   22  But I tell you that everyone who is angry with his brother without a cause will be in danger of the judgment. Whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ will be in danger of the council. Whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of Gehenna. (emp. added vs. 22b)

  Judgment is an unpleasant topic for us to think about, but quite necessary. I don't want to burn in "hell fire", so I will be careful how I treat my brother.

God has said:

Matthew, Chapter 17 (World English Bible)
 1 After six days, Jesus took with him Peter, James, and John his brother, and brought them up into a high mountain by themselves.  2 He was changed*n1 before them. His face shone like the sun, and his garments became as white as the light.  3 Behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them talking with him. 

  4 Peter answered, and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you want, let’s make three tents here: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 

  5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. Behold, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.”
 (emp. added vs. 5b)

 Do the smart thing, obey God in all things and live!!! Start with obeying God's gospel that saves one from Hell and go from there. Begin by reading Acts chapter 2.