4/3/17

Thank you by Gary Rose

I was greatly impressed with this picture! Jesus:The music of my soul- what a thought!!!  As I looked at the scriptures concerning this topic, the "music" seemed to relate to a joyousness of heart that results in thankfulness and praise to God. Whether it be deliverance from destruction or sin or thankfulness for a myriad of reasons, the heart seems to express itself best in song. Consider the following...

Psalm 108 (World English Bible)
 1 My heart is steadfast, God. 
I will sing and I will make music with my soul. (emp. added vs 1b)
 
  3 I will give thanks to you, Yahweh, among the nations. 
I will sing praises to you among the peoples. 

  4 For your loving kindness is great above the heavens. 
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. 

  5 Be exalted, God, above the heavens! 
Let your glory be over all the earth.

Exodus, Chapter 15 (World English Bible)
 1 Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song to Yahweh, and said, 

“I will sing to Yahweh, for he has triumphed gloriously. He has thrown the horse and his rider into the sea. (emp. added vs 1b)

  2 Yah is my strength and song. (emp. added vs 2a)
He has become my salvation. 
This is my God, and I will praise him; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.


Ephesians, Chapter 5  (World English Bible)
 15 Therefore watch carefully how you walk, not as unwise, but as wise,  16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  17 Therefore don’t be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.  18 Don’t be drunken with wine, in which is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,  19 speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs; singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;  20 giving thanks always concerning all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to God, even the Father;(emp added vss 18-20)



Revelation, Chapter 15 (World English Bible)
 3 They sang the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, 

“Great and marvelous are your works, Lord God, the Almighty! Righteous and true are your ways, you King of the nations. 


Where the intellect and the heart meet, a song of thankfulness to God in praise and adoration is often the result.  I wonder how God feels about such matters- I am thinking HE just might have the most wonderful smile on his face. Wonderful things can happen with a thank you!!!