5/24/17

"BEST FRIENDS" by Gary Rose


It is wonderful to have friend, especially "BEST" friend. Now, a couple of thoughts occurred to me, first, how do you know someone really is your friend and then, how would you know a "BEST FRIEND"if one was right in front of you?

For these dogs, the answer is simple-"we share a stick"! Human beings are a lot more complicated. People befriend you for all sorts of reasons and some of those may be temporary or even self-serving.  Honestly, its a very bad day when you discover that someone you thought was your BEST FRIEND turns on you.

Let me introduce you to my very BEST FRIEND... 


John, Chapter 15 (World English Bible)
  12  “This is my commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.   13  Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.   14  You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you. (emp. added vs. 14) 15  No longer do I call you servants, for the servant doesn’t know what his lord does. But I have called you friends, for everything that I heard from my Father, I have made known to you.   16  You didn’t choose me, but I chose you and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatever you will ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you. 

AND

Romans, Chapter 3 (World English Bible)
 21 But now apart from the law, a righteousness of God has been revealed, being testified by the law and the prophets;  22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all those who believe. For there is no distinction,  23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God 24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus 25 whom God sent to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God’s forbearance26 to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time; that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus. (emp. added, vss. 23-26)


Jesus chose me as his friend! I know HE IS MY BEST FRIEND because he gave himself for my sin and died a horrible death on the cross- for me!!! I know these things because the Bible tells me so and when you compare the passages above, I think you will agree.

In fact, probably most of you will agree that Jesus is your friend, perhaps even your BEST FRIEND. But, another question comes to mind: Are you a friend to Jesus- Do you do what HE tells you to do? Only you know the answer to that one....