5/30/17

From the analytical to the personal by Gary Rose

 

 
Today, something different. I noticed the picture with the commentary and liked it so much that I thought I would share it. The King James Version of the Bible has an elegance to it that is amazing! The brief commentary that follows each line is not only helpful, but worth reading a few times and reflecting upon it.

As this Psalm is a very personal one, I asked myself: Is there a way to emphasize its personal nature? What I decided was to change the version to The World English Bible (because Yahweh is more accurate than the term Lord [which is a mere title]) and change the font to a more letter like font- and the choice was Montez.

Why do these things? By making it even more personal, the meaning seems more real to me; something that reflects the real-life relationship with God that we experience. Even though we will never live the life that David did, we will encounter God in all aspects of our life here on Earth. And when we go from analyzing our lives to experiencing our lives WITH GOD ALWAYS AT OUR SIDE, God lives in us and we in him.

Jesus said....

Matthew, Chapter 7 (World English Bible)
 21  Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.   22  Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’  23  Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. (emp. added, GDR) Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

Knowing about God is not enough- we need to go from the analytical to the personal; to live with God, daily! Enough said- Live it, Gary!!!