8/14/17

Let us praise the Lord! by Roy Davison

http://www.oldpaths.com/Archive/Davison/Roy/Allen/1940/praise.html


Let us praise the Lord!
Christians glorify God. We praise God because of who He is, and what He has done.

We glorify God because He is great and powerful.
“For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised” (Psalm 96:4). “Be exalted, O LORD, in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power” (Psalm 21:13).
“Therefore David blessed the LORD before all the congregation; and David said: ‘Blessed are You, LORD God of Israel, our Father, forever and ever. Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; for all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head over all’” (2 Chronicles 29:10, 11). “Now therefore, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name” (1 Chronicles 29:13).
“All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, and shall glorify Your name. For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God. Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore” (Psalm 86:9-12).
“I will extol You, my God, O King; and I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable” (Psalm 145:1-3). “All Your works shall praise You, O LORD, and Your saints shall bless You. They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom, and talk of Your power, to make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of His kingdom. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations” (Psalm 145:10-13).

We glorify God because He is righteous.
“And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness and of Your praise all the day long” (Psalm 35:28). “I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High” (Psalm 7:17).

We glorify God because He is faithful and true.
“O LORD, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth” (Isaiah 25:1).

We glorify God because of His mercy.
“Praise the LORD, for His mercy endures forever” (2 Chronicles 20:21). “Praise the LORD! Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever” (Psalm 106:1). “Oh, praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!” (Psalm 117:1, 2).
“Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands! Serve the LORD with gladness; come before His presence with singing. Know that the LORD, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations” (Psalm 100:1-5).
“You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You. Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever” (Psalm 118:28, 29).

We glorify God because He is our Savior.
“The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him” (Exodus 15:2). “The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted, the Rock of my salvation!” (2 Samuel 22:47). “Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised” (1 Chronicles 16:23-25). “The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted” (Psalm 18:46).

Praise the Lord!
Let us glorify God for He is great and powerful. He is righteous, faithful and true. He saves us because he is merciful. Amen.
Roy Davison
The Scripture quotations in this article are from
The New King James Version. ©1979,1980,1982, Thomas Nelson Inc., Publishers.

Published in The Old Paths Archive
(http://www.oldpaths.com)