11/6/17

Restoring the "happy train" by Gary Rose

"The happy Train"? Not for this little girl! I marvel at the look on her face! What could have caused it? Was she punished for misbehavior? My guess is that she did something wrong and doesn't like her fate.

Nobody likes to be punished, but there is value in it.

Consider...

Job, Chapter 5 (WEB)

 17 “Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects. 
Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty. 

And..


2 Corinthians, Chapter 2 (WEB)
4 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote to you with many tears, not that you should be made to grieve, but that you might know the love that I have so abundantly for you. 5 But if any has caused sorrow, he has caused sorrow, not to me, but in part (that I not press too heavily) to you all.  6 This punishment which was inflicted by the many is sufficient for such a one;  7 so that on the contrary you should rather forgive him and comfort him, lest by any means such a one should be swallowed up with his excessive sorrow.  8 Therefore I beg you to confirm your love toward him.


Job spoke correctly and Paul (in the 2 Corinthians passage, above) urges that the congregation forgive, comfort and show love toward the one who sinned. 

After awhile, there will be happiness again. And the happy train will take on its true meaning once again.