12/29/17

Now and then by Gary Rose


As I took Pal for a walk this morning, it was cold; I could feel it on my face so much that it took quite awhile to warm up after I came back into the house. Now, this is Florida and of course there is no snow, but I must say that the cold did feel invigorating and it is a nice change from being 90 degrees every day. But, having said all this- something was missing, something wonderful. The beauty I remember from upper New York State, the beauty (and the wonder) of that first snow of winter. Now, that is something to remember in the Sunshine state!!!

Make no mistake, winter can be beautiful, just like this picture that brother Ed Healy posted on Facebook some time ago. It does bring back memories of the past, but what of the future? Will I ever see snow again? Perhaps, but probably not!

But, I will see beauty....


Psalm 27 (WEB)

  1 Yahweh is my light and my salvation. 

Whom shall I fear? 
Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid? 



  2 When evildoers came at me to eat up my flesh, 
even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell. 



  3 Though an army should encamp against me, 
my heart shall not fear. 
Though war should rise against me, even then I will be confident. 



  4 One thing I have asked of Yahweh, that I will seek after: 
that I may dwell in Yahweh’s house all the days of my life, 
to see Yahweh’s beauty, and to inquire in his temple. 
(emphasis added, vs. 4)


This Psalm, written by David, remembers the past and looks forward to the future. And that past and the coming future is with God. It is not coincidental that David uses God's memorial name, Yahweh. Yahweh is God's personal name for the Israelites to use. It signifies a closeness and David was no stranger to God, for he was a man after God's own heart. God was with him in the here and now and David looked forward to the future of being even closer to God.

I wonder how many people who read this post can say the same?