3/28/18

In the light by Gary Rose

Sometimes I like to read my Bible outside, so I often sit in that comfortable wicker chair in the lanai. My shadow (AKA, my dog Pal) sits outside with me and his favorite place is where ever the is a beam of light- just like in that cute picture.

I like don't know why he does this, but my guess is that he likes the warmth; but who knows, perhaps he just likes the light. And this reminded me of a passage from the New Testament...


1 John, Chapter 1 (World English Bible)
  5This is the message which we have heard from him and announce to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
  6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth.
  7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. (emphasis added vs. 7)
  8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
  9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
  10 If we say that we haven’t sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.


God is light, sin is darkness. Jesus said...


John, Chapter 8 (WEB)
 12 Again, therefore, Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.” 


And one more passage...


John, Chapter 14 (WEB)
 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.


Now, I have no idea where the beam of light will be when I go to the lanai, but where ever it is Pal will be there. In like manner, where ever Jesus is, that is where I want to be!!! How about you?