6/27/18

A gentle reminder by Gary Rose



I still remember the  hot, lazy summers in upstate New York and how much I enjoyed staying up late watching a full moon. The air was cool and there  was usually a  hoot owl's call filling the air. I enjoyed the serenity of it and the "alone time" when I could clear my head and really focus my thoughts; what a great memory! 

My good friend, Larry Shatzer,  sometimes has a way of  saying goodbye that ends with something like- "and I will keep the light on for you".  You know, this picture reminds me of that saying and the eighth Psalm, which says...


Psalm 8, World English Bible
1  Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth,
who has set your glory above the heavens! (Emphasis added)
  2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength,
because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger.
  3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
  4 what is man, that you think of him?  

What is the son of man, that you care for him?
(Emphasis added)
  5 For you have made him a little lower than God,
and crowned him with glory and honor.
  6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands.
You have put all things under his feet:
  7 All sheep and cattle,
yes, and the animals of the field,
  8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea,
and whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
  9 Yahweh, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!    
(Emphasis added)


Yes, creation   reminds me of   God Almighty, the creator of  heaven and earth.   And it also reminds me of HIS eternal patience and loving-kindness. This, in turn reminds me of a passage from second Peter....


2 Peter, Chapter 3 (WEB)
7 But the heavens that now are, and the earth, by the same word have been stored up for fire, being reserved against the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.  
8 But don’t forget this one thing, beloved, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  
9 The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some count slowness; but is patient with us, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.   (Emphasis added)


And with these things one final thought---

There is hope for everyone, because God is patient!!!