3/27/19

A man and a wall by Gary Rose



This picture (actually Ezekiel 22:30) has been used to advocate the building of a wall between The U.S.A. and Mexico. Sounds great, but there is more to the story than just ONE verse. If you look at the whole chapter, you will quickly see that Israel had become corrupt and deserved to be destroyed for their many, many sins. For the sake of brevity, I have quoted from just one of the series of God’s pronouncements in the chapter.


Ezekiel 22 ( World English Bible )
Eze 22:23, The word of Yahweh came to me, saying,
Eze 22:24, Son of man, tell her, You are a land that is not cleansed, nor rained on in the day of indignation.
Eze 22:25, There is a conspiracy of her prophets in its midst, like a roaring lion ravening the prey: they have devoured souls; they take treasure and precious things; they have made her widows many in its midst.
Eze 22:26, Her priests have done violence to my law, and have profaned my holy things: they have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they caused men to discern between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my Sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.
Eze 22:27, Her princes in its midst are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, that they may get dishonest gain.
Eze 22:28, Her prophets have daubed for them with whitewash, seeing false visions, and divining lies to them, saying, Thus says the Lord Yahweh, when Yahweh has not spoken.
Eze 22:29, The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery; yes, they have troubled the poor and needy, and have oppressed the foreigner wrongfully.
Eze 22:30, I sought for a man among them, who should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found none.
Eze 22:31, Therefore have I poured out my indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I brought on their heads, says the Lord Yahweh. ( Emphasis added)

Israel sinned and God sought for a man to build the wall and change things in that nation, but found none. God can use walls and HE can use specific people to change the course of a nation.

The wall between the U.S.A. and Mexico should be built to keep unvetted, undesirable people out. But our problem is more extensive than just that. We need to deport those who have entered the country illegally, change the broken immigration system by enacting tougher laws and enforcing them. There is also the issue of sin in our country. Like Israel of old, America has become throughly corrupt and almost beyond help. Unlike Israel, we have Donald Trump (as imperfect as he is) to stand in the gap and attempt to change things.

As far sin goes – if America turns back to God, there is hope! Please pray for our country!