3/18/19

Heavy and light by Gary Rose



I smiled when I first saw this picture. It gave me pleasure. A very simple little play on words, nothing fancy, but nevertheless – I enjoyed it. I wonder, what gives God pleasure? Probably many things, but here is one of them…


1 Corinthians 1 ( World English Bible )
1Co 1:21, For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure (emphasis added) through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.


God loves human beings; why, I don’t think I will ever understand that one, but HE does and that is a fact. That the preaching of the Gospel and our salvation from sins brings pleasure to our creator is truly amazing considering the fact that we in and of ourselves don’t deserve it, but it is what it is.

HEAVY thoughts, very HEAVY! But, think of how God has enlightened our life through the Gospel and how HE has removed the weight of sin from our lives. Somehow, I just can’t stop thinking of that picture:

One is very heavy and the other is a little lighter