3/20/19

Thank you by Gary Rose




I missed Sunday morning service due to health issues, but I heard about the sermon David Stearsman gave on Prayer. Everyone was talking about it, so naturally, when I saw this picture, it caught my attention. Along with the picture, a question came to the forefront of my mind: What do we pray about? First, I thought of Jesus’ “model prayer” in the sermon on the mount and then how many times the apostle Paul mentions prayer in his salutations to the various churches. But, there is nothing like the simplicity of just saying “THANK YOU”. And that is something we should never forget to do. Why? Because Jesus has done everything for us and we SHOULD THANK HIM.
Consider…


Luke 17 ( Modern Literal Version )
Luk 17:12, And while entering into a certain village, ten men who were lepers encountered him there, who stood farther out;
Luk 17:13, and they lifted up their voices, saying, Jesus, Master*, show-mercy to us.
Luk 17:14, ¶ And when* he saw them, he said to them, When* you travel back, show° yourselves to the priests. And it happened, while* they were going, they were cleansed.
Luk 17:15, Now one out of them, having seen that he was healed, turned back with a loud voice, glorifying God; (emphasis added)
Luk 17:16, and he fell upon his face beside his feet, giving-thanks to him, and he was a Samaritan.
Luk 17:17, ¶ But Jesus answered and said, Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?
Luk 17:18, Was there no one found, except this immigrant, who returned to give glory to God?
Luk 17:19, And he said to him, Stand and travel. Your faith has saved you.


Not everything in life is complicated, sometimes the best thing we can do is to remember to say THANK YOU. I think that today I will try to make that singular thought the emphasis in my prayers to God. And I hope that you will as well.