10/25/19

Faith is knowing by Gary Rose



Faith (forsaking all I trust him) is one of the pillars of Christianity. Faith in Jesus is absolutely necessary. To know him and be known by him is better than all good works…

Matthew 7 ( World English Bible )
[21] Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [22] Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’ [23] Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

Consider a definition of the word faith ...

faith (Bridgeway Bible Dictionary)
In the original language of the New Testament, the noun 'faith' and the verb 'believe' are different parts of the same word. Although faith involves belief, by far the most important characteristic of faith (in the biblical sense) is reliance, or trust.
To have faith in a person or thing is to rely wholly on that person or thing, and not to rely on oneself. The Bible usually speaks of faith in relation to people's trust in, or dependence on, God and his works. This dependence may concern aspects of physical life such as God's provision of food, health, protection from harm and victory over enemies (Psa 22:4-5; 37:3-4; 46:1-3; Mat 6:30-33; Heb 11:33-35), but above all it concerns aspects of spiritual life such as God's provision of salvation and eternal life (Psa 18:2; 40:4; 71:5; 73:26; Pro 3:5; Jer 17:7; Joh 3:16; Rom 1:16; 5:1).

God exists, God cares and cares for those who truly love HIM. I like what Paul wrote to Timothy...

2 Timothy 1 ( WEB )
[8] Therefore don’t be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but endure hardship for the Good News according to the power of God, [9] who saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before times eternal, [10] but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the Good News. [11] For this, I was appointed as a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. [12] For this cause I also suffer these things. Yet I am not ashamed, for I know him whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that he is able to guard that which I have committed to him against that day. [13] Hold the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. [14] That good thing which was committed to you, guard through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

Knowing the future is unnecessary if, like that little church mouse we know Jesus and are known by him.