8/5/20

I wonder... by Gary Rose


I slept in today and I enjoyed every minute of it. Sleeping late is one of the perks of being retired. People call the later years in one’s life “The Golden Years”, but I think that calling them “The Wonder Years” is far better. Truth is: I do forget things – more than I would like to admit. But, that’s OK – its just part of my “New Normal” and I just have to accept it and get on with whatever is next.


And I have wondered about “What is Next” too, for quite a number of people I have known throughout my life are no longer living. Questions like: “How will I die”? and “Will I linger on in pain and disability for a long time”? Are unpleasant to think about, but normal questions for someone in their 70’s.


All these things are important, for whether we like it or not, everyone of us will die “someday”. Now, during my working years, I tried to something away for retirement and I was only marginally successful, but I have enough to get by and for that I am very thankful. But, what happens after I die? Will my estate be enough for my wife to live on? Will my last wishes be fulfilled? More important than all these things- what will happen to me? The following chart will answer this…



In short, I believe I have obeyed the Gospel correctly and have done my best to live as a Christian should. I would have liked to have been a “perfect Christian”, but I have fallen far short of that, but I thank God for HIS GRACE and trust that someday I will live eternally.


Question: what about you? Study the chart! Which half applies to you; the top half of it or the bottom? If its the bottom, I pray that you will do something about it right now, before its too late!


Jesus says…

Matthew 7 ( World English Bible )

21 "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. "

22 "Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’ "

23 "Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’"

24 "“Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. "

25 "The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock. "

26 "Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand. "

27 "The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”"


It is not enough to just be religious, one has to obey the Gospel of Jesus and live faithfully. These things lead us back to the chart and I wonder


Will you study, obey and live???