1/12/09

One Way!

This picture reminds me of the Menlo Park Mall area in central New Jersey! If you follow the signs carefully, it does make sense; just don't try to take it in all at once. In a way, life is like this street; there are signs all over the place, all pointing you in different directions. They just have different names; Mother, Father, teachers, coaches, spouses, bosses.... etc.. If you try to follow them all you will just go nowhere and feel very lost. One of the reasons I like Jesus is that he just doesn't beat around the bush... he is straightforward. John chapter 14 says:

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Joh 14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Joh 14:5 Thomas saith to him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.
The Webster Bible
When Jesus says "I am" in verse six above, he is saying "I, myself am". He points to himself as the way, the truth and the life; notice the repetition of the word "the". This is a definite article, in other words it points to one thing and one thing ONLY. People are either alive or dead, you either have truth or you don't or you have a way to God or you don't. Humm, all of a sudden the "One Way" signs in the picture have just a little more meaning to me. There is only one way to God, not many; make sure you follow the correct "One Way" sign!