4/10/20

To see the light by Gary Rose


 





















 I’m beginning to see the Light
by Bobby Darin


(click the link to listen, or paste the address into your browser)

Wednesday evening I was bored; 1.5 hours of virus updates was just too much to handle, I just had to get away from the television. So, I sat down at my computer to listen to some music. Well, an hour or so later I realized that I had had enough of my “oldies” collection and returned to watching TV.

Thursday evening, I once again listened to the Corona virus update and I heard something that piqued my attention. I think it was Dr. Fauci who said something like: “I think we are beginning to see the light.” And then I remembered that the previous night I had listened to Bobby Darin sing “I’m beginning to see the light”. Funny the way things seem to just link together, for while reviewing the news online Thursday, I picked up an interesting tidbit of news – During the past month Bible sales were up – in some cases as much as 40%! People are tired of being scared, alone and not knowing the truth- they are looking for light! Whether they know it or not; they are looking for Jesus.


John 9 ( World English Bible )
  [1] As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth.  [2] His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
  
[3] Jesus answered, “This man didn’t sin, nor did his parents, but that the works of God might be revealed in him.   [4]  I must work the works of him who sent me while it is day. The night is coming, when no one can work.   [5]  While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.  [6] When he had said this, he spat on the ground, made mud with the saliva, anointed the blind man’s eyes with the mud,  [7] and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means “Sent”). So he went away, washed, and came back seeing. 

God works in mysterious ways; people try to understand all that HE does but cannot. The disciples were looking for a reason why that man had been born blind, but Jesus set them straight. Things happen sometimes so that God may intervene and show his will our lives. As of tonight, 16,000 people have died in America, with many more to follow. I can’t help but wonder: What if God is allowing all this misery to happen in order that those who just might listen to HIM through HIS WORD will actually begin to do so? Well, so much for the Bible sales! As far as Bobby Darin goes… those song lyrics describe someone who doubted love and just may be coming around to the reality that LOVE is meant for him as well. Have you ever thought like this about God. Think about it NOW! There are still Bibles available for sale – seek and you will find the LIGHT, Jesus that is!