This little kitten is a picture of contentment! Happiness is written all over its face; but, I wonder what it is thinking about? Since I don't speak "kitten" I will have to guess. My best guess is that it is enjoying the "now" and reveling in its comfort. But, what do we revel in? This passage from the book of 1 Timothy is a springboard for thought.
1 Timothy 6:6-12 Complete Apostles' Bible
(6) But godliness with contentment is great gain.
(7) For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain that neither can we carry anything out!
(8) But having food and clothing, with these things we shall be content.
(9) But those desiring to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and many senseless and harmful lusts which sink men in destruction and perdition.
(10) For the love of money is a root of all evils, of which some by aspiring have strayed away from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
(11) You however, O man of God, flee these things. But pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, gentleness.
(12) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold of eternal life, to which you were called and have confessed the good confession before many witnesses.
The acquisition and hording of money can be a bottomless pit, an obsession which is overpowering and can be the ruin of a life. Paul talks about Godliness and the pursuit of Spiritual things as the correct goal. I think he is right! The things of this world belong to this world and because we are only here for a short time, their relative value is small compared to spiritual blessing which endure forever. Think I am wrong? Look at the kitten once again; this little fellow doesn't own anything, but is just enjoying life. Maybe we should as well; and prepare for the life after life as well. Contentment forever; what a thought!