11/3/09

Plug wanted!



"...slip sliding away, slip sliding away, you know the nearer your destination, the more your slip sliding away". These words came to me as I looked at this picture of the fish. I wonder if the fish even realizes what is going on? Do we? Listen to Solomon...

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 WEB (R)
(11) I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all.
(12) For man also doesn't know his time. As the fish that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare, even so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falls suddenly on them.


I messed up big time today; I gave my wife the wrong day for a company excursion and am I in hot water! I accidentally put the wrong date on the calendar and whamooo. Sometimes things happen! You may not even realize what is going on and suddenly you realize your bucket is losing water. Life is like that; one day everything is fine and the next, well, you are attending your own funeral. Small prayer here: Dear Lord, help me to watch for leaks, I need ever bit of that ballast! Also, you wouldn't happen to have an extra plug, would you? Thanks, Gary