11/1/09

GRANDMA



Today was my wife's 60Th birthday. All of our children called to wish her a happy birthday (and some even sang too). But one grand-daughter went beyond what I expected; she made this card. She didn't use a computer and the spelling isn't perfect, but I couldn't be more proud of her. She put some thought into her gift, which showed love and respect, but inside the card she wrote "and as sweat as chocolate, HERSEY'S CHOCOLATE"! Then she glued Hersey's candy to the opposing side (and also a tootsie roll). Think on this passage from Proverbs for a few minutes.


Proverbs 17:6 WEB (R)
(6) Children's children are the crown of old men; the glory of children are their parents.


Better than this were the hugs and kisses. And the dinner, cake, flowers were a nice touch! I went home feeling that somehow, somewhere we must have done something right! If nothing else, I learned the value of this passage from the Proverb's!!! Oh, by the way, my wife, Linda was very happy too!