12/30/09

Now that's Amazing!



Amazing! This is the French Rivera! Frankly, I don't know how this can happen, but I do have eyes and I do see snow. I really enjoy seeing things like this because it puts things in perspective; I am just a human being and that means that I will never to be understand EVERYTHING! Whoever wrote the following proverb (probably Solomon) admits to the same sort of problem and immediately I like him.


Proverbs 30:18-19 WEB (R)
(18) "There are three things which are too amazing for me, four which I don't understand:
(19) The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent on a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maiden.


First, this is exaggeration; there are more than four things that everyone of us do not understand. I will bet it is much more than five and probably many times that number. Secondly, just because something puzzles or amazes us now does not mean it will do so forever. Does the phrase "He can be taught" from the movie Aladdin mean anything to you? Last of all, God will show us what we really need to know and over time that knowledge will lead to wisdom to gain further understanding. Amazing; probably not forever... or at least until we get to heaven. One last verse from the Bible comes to mind.

Deu 29:29 The secret things belong to Yahweh our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.


If all this isn't enough, turn over to 2nd Corithians 12 and read the first ten verses. Now that's Amazing!