I laughed at this cartoon as soon as I saw it, but a few weeks ago I wasn't laughing at all. My laptop seemed totally beyond repair and for me that is not a laughing matter. When I was finished mulling over recent problems, I noticed the animals in the picture. Now, there is something to laugh about... and did. Then I thought of this passage from the book of Genesis and had one more thought... guess what it was?
Genesis 1:20-25 (WEB)
20) God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of sky.”
21) God created the large sea creatures, and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind. God saw that it was good.
22) God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”
23) There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
24) God said, “Let the earth produce living creatures after their kind, livestock, creeping things, and animals of the earth after their kind;” and it was so.
25) God made the animals of the earth after their kind, and the livestock after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind. God saw that it was good.
(Genesis 1:20-25, WEB)
Think about every kind of animal you can imagine; from the hummingbird, the ostrich, the pelican, and all those weird fish in the depths of the seas. God made them ALL! What a sense of humor! Immediately after these verses we find God creating human beings. Talk about a sense of humor. Bad breath, sweat, fat, baldness and puberty. All the things that make me glad to be a proud member of humanity. Since we don't know the answers to all of our problems in this life, I can't wait to find out the answers in the next. I just hope there is something better than "the computer" in heaven because when my computer doesn't work, I feel like the guy in the cartoon. And I don't even own a "Dell".