9/1/10

Did I hear a bbaaaahh?

This animal is dressed up to be something other than it really is. No, it is NOT a sheep even though it looks something like one. Lately I have seen a lot of ads on TV with politicians claiming all sorts of things. Past experience has taught me that they lie and even when you think they are telling the truth, they are lying. Politics is so rampant with liars, I have long given up on the "best choice", rather I tend to vote for the one who will do the least damage. But I couldn't help but ask myself, what about Christians? How do we know who is lying? Here is one verse that gives a little insight.

1 John 2:22 (WEB)
22) Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

If someone says that Jesus is NOT the Christ, then he is a liar. There are other tests in Scripture, but this is a good place to start. Politicians are a lost cause though; frankly, I give up. From now on, every time is see an ad on TV I will just pretend I hear a bbaaaahhh and hope for the best.