4/5/11

Beauty


Such beauty!!!  So beautiful its hard to imagine that such a place really exists!!!  Yet, I have no doubt it does and would love to see this place for myself.  To have the impact of the sights, sounds and odors would truly be an experience.  However wonderful it would be to actually be there, I know that eventually the flowers will wilt, a storm will cloud the sky... something will happen.  But what if it did not?  Consider this passage from the Psalms...

Psalms 27:1-4 (WEB)

1) By David. Yahweh is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?

2) When evildoers came at me to eat up my flesh, even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell.

3) Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear. Though war should rise against me, even then I will be confident.

4) One thing I have asked of Yahweh, that I will seek after, that I may dwell in the house of Yahweh all the days of my life, to see Yahweh’s beauty, and to inquire in his temple.

Beauty is more that outward appearances, it exists on various levels.  True beauty stays with you, affects you long after the remembrance fades and somehow, you are just DIFFERENT.  Now, think how verse four differs from the picture.  God does not change, HIS beauty is eternal and the knowledge HE possesses WILL CHANGE AND CONTINUE TO CHANGE YOU FOREVER!!!!  Now, THAT is a beauty beyond compare!