10/10/11

Frogs, dinosaurs and the power of love


For some reason, which I do not fully understand, I always wanted a son.  So, when we were expecting, I had a name ready if it were a boy (Jason).  We also had backup names as well, JUST IN CASE IT WAS A GIRL.  God smiled on us and we had three very beautiful daughters, who have turned into adults I can be proud of.  Yet, I always wanted a boy... UNTIL I SAW MY GRANDSONS.  They are not bad kids, do not understand, they are just boys.  The old saying "boys will be boys" really does apply!!!  Like the boy in the picture, they do dumb things; things that make me wonder what could possibly be going on between their ears.  But, there is good news; that will change.  I know from personal experience (believe it or not, I WAS ACTUALLY YOUNG ONCE) and from the Bible.  Here is something to ponder...

1 Corinthians 13:11-13 (WEB)
11) When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things.
12) For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known.
13) But now faith, hope, and love remain—these three. The greatest of these is love.

If I had to determine when I really started to "grow up", I guess it would be when I became enamoured with my Linda.  Prior to loving her I had my mind on things like baseball, gym class and Tom Swift.  She changed my life completely and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Love has a way of really changing things; I guess that is why Jesus did what HE had to do.  And I wouldn't have that any other way either.  Just one more thing for my granddaughter Elizabeth.... NO, I WAS NOT ALIVE WHEN THE DINOSAURS LIVED... AND NO, I DIDN'T PUT A FROG IN MY MOUTH EITHER!!!!!