3/14/12

Better than fireworks...


The title on the picture said it was Disney and by the looks of the scenery, it is correct.  If you have never been to Disneyland in Florida, a treat awaits you!!!  I have been several times and I can tell you from personal experience that the real fireworks are better than the picture!!!  When I was growing up in upstate New York, we always looked forward to the Schaghticoke fair and the closing day fireworks.  I have many fond memories of taking my family to see the fireworks on closing night and honestly, I think I enjoyed them more than even Disney.  Although, in retrospect, they probably were nowhere near as grand.  Perhaps it was because we waited all year long; I don't really know.  However, I remember how happy it made me and that is what really counts!!!  Happiness is more than just entertainment, because most of life is filled with struggles and just plain hard work.  I first learned what real happiness was about in 1977 when I became a Christian.  How is Christian happiness different.  Just look at one little verse from the New Testament and see...

WEB: Philippians 4:4. Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I will say, “Rejoice!”

Short, sweet, repetitive and true.  If you have obeyed the God of Heaven, then all our struggles and difficulties in this life become almost an afterthought.  Christianity is NOT EASY, but it is filled with happiness!!! Why?  Because we are no longer trying to do things alone; God guides us through it all.  Whether you have a good day or a bad one, with GOD, you always have something to look forward to... heaven.  No, you won't see fireworks, but when you become a Christian you will see a genuine change for the better!!!  And that is worth more than one hundred visits with Mickey Mouse!!!!