3/20/12

Its not the "how", but rather the doing!!!


I confess: I have been a star trek fan since the original series.  And, of all the various TV shows, I think I like the "...Next Generation" the best.  Frankly, it seems the most realistic to me (if you will allow me to actually use those two concepts together).  This picture caught my attention because I have been thinking a lot about computer "tablets" lately.  My wife has a new one and a good friend at church actually bought an Ipad.  Tablets are marvelous gadgets and I think what I like the most about mine is that it replaces a standard paper Bible(s).  Because of the true portability factor, it is a vast improvement over the laptop, which is itself an improvement over the desktop.  How things have changed over the past forty years!!!  But, no matter how you read it, the word of God stays the same and has true value...


WEB: II Timothy Chapter 3

[14] But you remain in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them. [15] From infancy, you have known the holy Scriptures which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus. [16] Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness,

The day you actually learn that you can't know everything, can't do everything is a tough day indeed!!!  However, its a great day as well, because knowing your limitations is a very healthy step towards accurate self knowledge.  This in turn leads to a proper perspective of life and ultimately to God.  Whether you learn God's word from a parchment, a codex (bound book) an e-mail, twitter or tablet, its power to mold human beings remains omnipotent, just like its author.  Personally, I like the Kindle fire, but hey, that's just me.  Choose whatever you want, but make sure you use it.... you will be glad you did!!!!