3/7/12

Promises, cats and heaven


Usually, I scroll through pictures that I have collected over a period of time in order to pick one for the daily post.  It isn't long before I find something that interests me and says something to me about the Scriptures as well.  Today is different; today I am fulfilling a promise to two of my grandchildren; young Mike and Elizabeth.  Some time ago, I promised I would put a picture of an Ocelot on the blog because of the series The Big Bang Theory and the sleepy kitty song that Penny sings to Dr. Sheldon Cooper when he isn't feeling well.  More than that, during the past few months a good friend of mine (Bruce Arnold) introduced me to the Linux operating system and when the new Oneric Ocelot came out, my grand kids loved it as much as I do.  So you can see the motivation for this post.  Only thing is... I couldn't find an Oneric (which means sleepy [and , yes, I had to look the word up])Ocelot.  So, kids... forgive me; this will have to be close enough.  Nice picture though.  Beautiful cat; about twice the size of a normal housecat, this little beauty is native to South America and may be seen as far North as Central America.  When I think of the song in conjunction with the cat, one word comes to mind: COMFORT.  Naturally, the thought of the Gospel of John and the fourteenth chapter...

WEB: John Chapter 14

[1] "“Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me. [2] In my Father’s house are many homes. If it weren’t so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you. [3] If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also. [4] Where I go, you know, and you know the way.”"

[5] Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

[6] Jesus said to him, "“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.

Whether you are sick, discouraged or upset, COMFORT is a wonderful thing. Jesus, reassures the apostles hope in the future by telling them of the future home he will be preparing for them.  As usual, they didn't get it, so Jesus explains that he (himself) is to be their guide.  A way that he will show (his own example, or road if you will) a truth that will last forever and a life that will endure for the same length of time.  Lastly, he tells them this is the only way to the Father (in heaven).  Better than any song that could be sung, these words ring out through the centuries as COMFORT AND ALSO HOPE!!!  Think about that before you go to sleep tonight; I will!!!