3/29/12

Safe on the ROCK!!!!!


Is the person who built this house crazy?  Build a house in the middle of a river?  But, wait; look how high it is above the water!  And what a foundation!!!  This surprising image reminded me of the sermon on the mount and the words of Jesus...

WEB: Matthew Chapter 7

[21] Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [22] Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’ [23] Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’

[24] “Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. [25] The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock. [26] Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand. [27] The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”"

Talk is cheap!!!  Anyone can say they are a Christian.  But, to turn from a sinful lifestyle and do everything in your power to honor God; now, that is a challenge!!!  Jesus says his words are a foundation; one that is as sure as a rock.  That's good enough for me.  It also makes sense as well.  Think about it; if Jesus is the one paying the price for my Spiritual freedom from sin, WHY WOULDN'T I DO AS HE SAYS?  So, if you want to be correct in what you believe, have the only foundation that will do you any good: Book, Chapter and Verse for what you believe.  Even if the troubled waters of life rise around you, you will be save if you are on the ROCK!  Simple message, but so true.  My only problem with this post is that I am wondering how they put the house on that rock that is in the middle of the river?????