4/30/12

HOME! Sweet, Sweet HOME!!!!



I am blessed; I have my own study.  It is an area our home where I can read or use the computer in peace.  But this is a STUDY!!!!  If this has an adjoining master bedroom and bath, you would have to pry me out of here with crowbars!!!  OK, confession time:I have really begun to love books again since I retired. Coupled with my kindle fire and my usual computer activities and I have really begun to enjoy life!!!  But, too much of a good thing is just that... too much!!!  The words of Solomon came back to me....

Ecclesiastes  12
 12 Furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

  13 This is the end of the matter. All has been heard. Fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.  14 For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it is good, or whether it is evil.

2 Timothy 2
  15 Give diligence to present yourself approved by God, a workman who doesn’t need to be ashamed, properly handling the Word of Truth.  


Then I remembered the passage from Paul's letter to Timothy and I realized there is a balance.  Study, be diligent, but remember there are limits.  And the key to limitation is found in the first passage (verse 13): Put God first!!!  Still, I would spend more time in that beautiful study and love it!!!!