5/5/12

I wonder; who REALLY has the problem?


How would you classify this picture? One and only one word came to my mind as I looked up this for the first time: OVERACHIEVER!!! How could this alligator possibly hope to bag a helicopter?  Then I remembered watching an episode of Rachel Ray the other day where they had a small "baby" alligator which they described as having 3000 pounds of hold power in its jaws.  So, I don't think that it would let go quickly.  Tenacious, is my secondary classification of this "little" guy.  It could very well be that the one with the problem is the helicopter.  When I think of tenacious PEOPLE, I think of the apostle Paul and here is why...

Philippians Chapter 4

10 But I rejoice in the Lord greatly, that now at length you have revived your thought for me; in which you did indeed take thought, but you lacked opportunity.  11 Not that I speak in respect to lack, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content in it. 12 I know how to be humbled, and I know also how to abound. In everything and in all things I have learned the secret both to be filled and to be hungry, both to abound and to be in need. 13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. 
 
Paul wrote Philippians from prison, so this passage has even more impact.  Whether times were tough or bountiful, here was someone who felt that he could do ANYTHING!!!  Its hard for me to imagine such a positive attitude, but then, I have never experienced the things he has.  However, I do know that God will work through a person, if that one will allow God to do so.  I have seen it and lived it.  Paul, however, was in a league all by himself.  Just like the alligator in the picture, I marvel at what he was capable of doing.  Which leads to the question: What am I allowing God to do with MY LIFE????