7/18/12

Attitude


Like so many things in life, being a Christian is all about attitude!!!  Whether you are new to Christianity or have been faithful for decades, what you will ultimately become is tied to your state of mind.  So, attitude is everything!!!  Without a proper attitude, there is a very good chance you will regress into old attitudes, but with it you will continue to excel in your service and spirituality.  Frankly, my favorite example of this is the apostle Paul.  To me, the following passage is really worth reading and even memorizing.

Philippians, Chapter 3
 7 However, what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ.  8 Yes most certainly, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus, my Lord, for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and count them nothing but refuse, that I may gain Christ  9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;  10 that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming conformed to his death;  11 if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  12 Not that I have already obtained, or am already made perfect; but I press on, if it is so that I may take hold of that for which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus.

  13 Brothers, I don’t regard myself as yet having taken hold, but one thing I do. Forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before,  14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

No matter who you are, God has a plan for you.  Realistically, its probably not a grand as that God had for Paul, but its a plan designed for YOU!!!  Since each of us has a completely different background, it is impossible to say what God's will for you is.  I mean beyond HIS desire for you to be free of sin and live with HIM forever, of course.  But, this I know: If you have the right attitude, your life will continue to grow in spiritual maturity and over time will reflect in what you do with however many years God will grant you upon the precious Earth.  Only, don't waste a single day!!! Realize your shortcomings and be humble; for you haven't arrived at perfection, you are just becoming better day by day.  That is why I love this little post-a-note, because it applies to me.  And if it applies to me, then it probably applies to you as well.  Something to think about on a rainy day in Florida!!!  A thought worth sharing... so... pass it on!!!!