7/10/12

Be happy, you too are blessed!!!



Some will read this without problems; some won't be able to read it at all.  If you can, GREAT, if not, realize you probably have many talents that I will never have.  The only problem I have with this is the "B3 proud!" found in the third line from the bottom of the body of this text.  Everyone should be appreciated; even those who have physical or mental problems still have feelings and may contribute to society in some small, yet very important way.  Its not so much what God has given you that counts, its what you do with it!!!  When it comes to religion, its important to understand that God does not love you based on your profound physical or mental abilities, rather because its in his nature to be devoted to his creation.  So, draw closer to him and understand how close he really is to you...


Psalm 139
For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David. 

  1 Yahweh, you have searched me,
and you know me.


  2 You know my sitting down and my rising up.
You perceive my thoughts from afar.


  3 You search out my path and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways.


  4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether.


  5 You hem me in behind and before.
You laid your hand on me.


  6 This knowledge is beyond me.
It’s lofty.
I can’t attain it.


  7 Where could I go from your Spirit?
Or where could I flee from your presence?


  8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there.
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there!


  9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
and settle in the uttermost parts of the sea;


  10 Even there your hand will lead me,
and your right hand will hold me.


  11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me;
the light around me will be night;”


  12 even the darkness doesn’t hide from you,
but the night shines as the day.
The darkness is like light to you.


  13 For you formed my inmost being.
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.


  14 I will give thanks to you,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


God is near, what a comforting thought that is!!!  He knows all about you and yet loves you in spite of that knowledge.  Consider that we constantly produce new cells to replace old ones, we repair and regenerate ourselves moment by moment.  We have a brain that allows us to communicate with each other verbally and interact with our environment to produce tools which extend our natural physical and mental ability.  We record our thoughts in a variety of ways and express our emotions both verbally and non-verbally.  Human beings are amazing!!!  Sure we have weakness; but it is those very weakness that cause us to find ways to overcome them.  And most important of all; we can come to know our creator without ever seeing him.  We can learn to cherish this life and yearn for the next.  Remember, rejoice in everything; God has a purpose for you... look until you find it... someday you will be glad you did!!!!