7/21/12

T.G.F.A.D.


Never heard this one before.  I like it. Why? Because it tells me that prayer is not just something we do on Sunday; it is a state of mind.  And we should appreciate each day that God has given to us.  Paul puts it this way...

1 Thessalonians, Chapter 5
16 Rejoice always.  17 Pray without ceasing.  18 In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you. 

If I could improve one thing about myself, it would be patience.  When I was younger, I was a very, very impatient person.  I am much better now, but still, there is a lot of room for growth.  I believe prayer has helped me change and having an attitude of prayer (especially grateful prayer) helps me realize how close God really is to me.  And, as I age, I truly begin to realize that there aren't that many days left and I should appreciate every single one of them!!! T.G.F.A.D. will be added to my prayers from now on.... how about you?