7/23/12

When I need a little help



We all do stupid things from time to time.  Why should dogs be different?  If a cat did this (but it can't because its too small) it would just jump and land on its feet.  If you or I were in this position we would probably just do what the caption says.  Anyway, we would feel foolish afterward; that is how the apostle Peter must have felt after this episode....

Matthew, Chapter 14
25 In the fourth watch of the night, Jesus came to them, walking on the sea.  26 When the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It’s a ghost!” and they cried out for fear.  27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying "“Cheer up! It is I! Don’t be afraid.”"

  28 Peter answered him and said, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the waters.”

  29 He said, "“Come!”"

Peter stepped down from the boat, and walked on the waters to come to Jesus.  30 But when he saw that the wind was strong, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”

  31 Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand, took hold of him, and said to him, "“You of little faith, why did you doubt?”"  32 When they got up into the boat, the wind ceased.  33 Those who were in the boat came and worshiped him, saying, “You are truly the Son of God!”


Peter, always the impetuous one!!! The sort of person who leaped before he looked.  But he did have one thing going for him... he knew enough to ask for help AND HE KNEW WHO TO ASK...JESUS!!!  When I do stupid things (and I do more often than I like to acknowledge) I ask for help from Jesus;do you?