7/22/12

When a rainbow is not a rainbow...


At first glance, I thought this was a rainbow.  I know that it is the aurora borealis, but sometimes when you look at something, it reminds you of something else.  And that is exactly what happened here.  This phenomenon is caused by the rays of the sun interacting with our upper atmosphere causing this display!  A rainbow is an entirely different exhibition of interactions.  All this made me think of the division that exists within "Christianity".  It seems that everyone wants to do their "own thing"; with no consideration (or in some cases, very little) of what the Bible has to say.  Instead of using Bible terms for something as simple as the name of the group, they use names like Lutheran, catholic, Presbyterian, etc..  Instead of following God, many follow men, like in the instance mentioned in this passage from 1 Corinthians...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 1
 10 Now I beg you, brothers, through the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment.  11 For it has been reported to me concerning you, my brothers, by those who are from Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you.  12 Now I mean this, that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” “I follow Apollos,” “I follow Cephas,” and, “I follow Christ.”  13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?

Like the picture above, they might look somewhat like the genuine article, but they are not!!!  The foundation for the true church is found in the Bible and its Jesus and the teachings of his apostles.  If you can't find a book, chapter and verse for what you believe or what you do.... STOP, NOW!!!  There are many extremely intelligent people out there who can make white seem black, or the other way round... at will.  Do not be fooled, go back to the Bible for your beliefs.  Remember, a rainbow is a rainbow and not something else.  Question everything, prove everything and let the Bible be your guide!!!