7/24/12

Who has the right to choose?


It is widely acknowledged today that Ronald Regan was a very good president of The United States of America.  Perhaps, then we should listen to him.  This bit of ironic humor tells a lot.  If you are FOR the "right" to have an abortion, then you are alive.  Which means your mother made the decision FOR LIFE, FOR YOU!!!  Without that decision, you would not be here!!!!  However, the question comes to mind: do we really even have the "right" to make this decision?  If you are willing to read what the Bible has to say about it, read on...

Jeremiah, Chapter 1
4 Now the word of Yahweh came to me, saying,  5 “Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came forth out of the womb, I sanctified you. I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Genesis, Chapter 17
  15 God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but her name will be Sarah.  16 I will bless her, and moreover I will give you a son by her. Yes, I will bless her, and she will be a mother of nations. Kings of peoples will come from her.”
  17 Then Abraham fell on his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, “Will a child be born to him who is one hundred years old? Will Sarah, who is ninety years old, give birth?”
19 God said, “No, but Sarah, your wife, will bear you a son. You shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him.  
 
Genesis, Chapter 30
2 Jacob’s anger was kindled against Rachel, and he said, “Am I in God’s place, who has withheld from you the fruit of the womb?”

Judges, Chapter 13
 2 There was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and didn’t bear.  3 The angel of Yahweh appeared to the woman, and said to her, “See now, you are barren, and don’t bear; but you shall conceive, and bear a son.  4 Now therefore please beware and drink no wine nor strong drink, and don’t eat any unclean thing:  5 for, behold, you shall conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head; for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb: and he shall begin to save Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.”

Job, Chapter 1
 20 Then Job arose, and tore his robe, and shaved his head, and fell down on the ground, and worshiped.  21 He said, “Naked I came out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there. Yahweh gave, and Yahweh has taken away. Blessed be the name of Yahweh.” 

Job, Chapter 31
 13 “If I have despised the cause of my male servant
or of my female servant,
when they contended with me;
  14 What then shall I do when God rises up?
When he visits, what shall I answer him?
  15 Didn’t he who made me in the womb make him?
Didn’t one fashion us in the womb? 

Psalms, Chapter 71
   5 For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh;
my confidence from my youth.
  6 I have relied on you from the womb.
You are he who took me out of my mother’s womb.
I will always praise you.

Psalms, Chapter 127
 3 Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh.
The fruit of the womb is his reward.
 
Ecclesiastes, Chapter 11
 5 As you don’t know what is the way of the wind,
nor how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child;
even so you don’t know the work of God who does all.

Isaiah, Chapter 44
 1 Yet listen now, Jacob my servant,
and Israel, whom I have chosen.
  2 This is what Yahweh who made you,
and formed you from the womb,
who will help you says:
“Don’t be afraid, Jacob my servant;
and you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. 
   24 Thus says Yahweh, your Redeemer,
and he who formed you from the womb: 

Luke, Chapter 1
 11 An angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense.  12 Zacharias was troubled when he saw him, and fear fell upon him.  13 But the angel said to him, “Don’t be afraid, Zacharias, because your request has been heard, and your wife, Elizabeth, will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John. 

I know that this is a lot of material to read, but it is worth it!!!  God grants the formation of life, forms that life and helps in its entry into this world.  This applies to every single human being, whether or not you somehow think that you have the right to control the process of life, the Bible states that it is up to God.  Do not fight against the will of God, become pro-life!!!  Frankly, I enjoy Ronald Regan's use of irony, but this goes way beyond any form of humor; simply put, its a matter of life and death.  I hope you make the right choice, because if you don't it will haunt you forever.