8/7/12

And then there was singing....


This past Sunday evening we sang a couple of songs that were favorites of mine.  Before the Bible Study began, I thought to myself... I don't remember singing "Ivory Palaces" lately.  Then, this morning I woke up to the sound of "Ivory Palaces" singing.  I can not explain exactly "who was singing"; perhaps it was just my subconscious mulling over the words....  Whatever it was, this picture reminded of the beauty of the song I heard and a quick Google search found the words...

Ivory Palaces Hymn

My Lord has garments so wondrous fine,
And myrrh their texture fills;
Its fragrance reached to this heart of mine
With joy my being thrills.

Refrain

Out of the ivory palaces,
Into a world of woe,
Only His great eternal love
Made my Savior go.

His life had also its sorrows sore,
For aloes had a part;
And when I think of the cross He bore,
My eyes with teardrops start.

Refrain

His garments too were in cassia dipped,
With healing in a touch;
Each time my feet in some sin have slipped,
He took me from its clutch.

Refrain

In garments glorious He will come,
To open wide the door;
And I shall enter my heav’nly home,
To dwell forevermore.

Refrain



 And with these beautiful words, a most familiar passage came to mind...

John, Chapter 3
 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 

I can only tell you this was a wonderful way to wake up.  I felt like a baby again; one who had just been rocked to sleep and then gently awakened.  The love of God surpasses anything and everything you can imagine!!!   If you do not know this... ask!!!  I might be a little long-winded in my response today, but, if you had the blessing I had... you would be too!!!!!!