8/20/12

Aug. 20 Job 17-19


Aug. 20
Job 17-19

Job 17:1 "My spirit is consumed. My days are extinct, And the grave is ready for me.
Job 17:2 Surely there are mockers with me. My eye dwells on their provocation.
Job 17:3 "Now give a pledge, be collateral for me with yourself. Who is there who will strike hands with me?
Job 17:4 For you have hidden their heart from understanding, Therefore you shall not exalt them.
Job 17:5 He who denounces his friends for a prey, Even the eyes of his children shall fail.
Job 17:6 "But he has made me a byword of the people. They spit in my face.
Job 17:7 My eye also is dim by reason of sorrow. All my members are as a shadow.
Job 17:8 Upright men shall be astonished at this. The innocent shall stir up himself against the godless.
Job 17:9 Yet shall the righteous hold on his way. He who has clean hands shall grow stronger and stronger.
Job 17:10 But as for you all, come on now again; I shall not find a wise man among you.
Job 17:11 My days are past, my plans are broken off, as are the thoughts of my heart.
Job 17:12 They change the night into day, saying 'The light is near' in the presence of darkness.
Job 17:13 If I look for Sheol as my house, if I have spread my couch in the darkness,
Job 17:14 If I have said to corruption, 'You are my father;' to the worm, 'My mother,' and 'my sister;'
Job 17:15 where then is my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?
Job 17:16 Shall it go down with me to the gates of Sheol, or descend together into the dust?"
Job 18:1 Then Bildad the Shuhite answered,
Job 18:2 "How long will you hunt for words? Consider, and afterwards we will speak.
Job 18:3 Why are we counted as animals, which have become unclean in your sight?
Job 18:4 You who tear yourself in your anger, shall the earth be forsaken for you? Or shall the rock be removed out of its place?
Job 18:5 "Yes, the light of the wicked shall be put out, The spark of his fire shall not shine.
Job 18:6 The light shall be dark in his tent. His lamp above him shall be put out.
Job 18:7 The steps of his strength shall be shortened. His own counsel shall cast him down.
Job 18:8 For he is cast into a net by his own feet, and he wanders into its mesh.
Job 18:9 A snare will take him by the heel. A trap will catch him.
Job 18:10 A noose is hidden for him in the ground, a trap for him in the way.
Job 18:11 Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall chase him at his heels.
Job 18:12 His strength shall be famished. Calamity shall be ready at his side.
Job 18:13 The members of his body shall be devoured. The firstborn of death shall devour his members.
Job 18:14 He shall be rooted out of his tent where he trusts. He shall be brought to the king of terrors.
Job 18:15 There shall dwell in his tent that which is none of his. Sulfur shall be scattered on his habitation.
Job 18:16 His roots shall be dried up beneath. Above shall his branch be cut off.
Job 18:17 His memory shall perish from the earth. He shall have no name in the street.
Job 18:18 He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.
Job 18:19 He shall have neither son nor grandson among his people, nor any remaining where he sojourned.
Job 18:20 Those who come after shall be astonished at his day, as those who went before were frightened.
Job 18:21 Surely such are the dwellings of the unrighteous. This is the place of him who doesn't know God."
Job 19:1 Then Job answered,
Job 19:2 "How long will you torment me, and crush me with words?
Job 19:3 You have reproached me ten times. You aren't ashamed that you attack me.
Job 19:4 If it is true that I have erred, my error remains with myself.
Job 19:5 If indeed you will magnify yourselves against me, and plead against me my reproach;
Job 19:6 know now that God has subverted me, and has surrounded me with his net.
Job 19:7 "Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard. I cry for help, but there is no justice.
Job 19:8 He has walled up my way so that I can't pass, and has set darkness in my paths.
Job 19:9 He has stripped me of my glory, and taken the crown from my head.
Job 19:10 He has broken me down on every side, and I am gone. My hope he has plucked up like a tree.
Job 19:11 He has also kindled his wrath against me. He counts me among his adversaries.
Job 19:12 His troops come on together, build a siege ramp against me, and encamp around my tent.
Job 19:13 "He has put my brothers far from me. My acquaintances are wholly estranged from me.
Job 19:14 My relatives have gone away. My familiar friends have forgotten me.
Job 19:15 Those who dwell in my house, and my maids, count me for a stranger. I am an alien in their sight.
Job 19:16 I call to my servant, and he gives me no answer. I beg him with my mouth.
Job 19:17 My breath is offensive to my wife. I am loathsome to the children of my own mother.
Job 19:18 Even young children despise me. If I arise, they speak against me.
Job 19:19 All my familiar friends abhor me. They whom I loved have turned against me.
Job 19:20 My bones stick to my skin and to my flesh. I have escaped by the skin of my teeth.
Job 19:21 "Have pity on me, have pity on me, you my friends; for the hand of God has touched me.
Job 19:22 Why do you persecute me as God, and are not satisfied with my flesh?
Job 19:23 "Oh that my words were now written! Oh that they were inscribed in a book!
Job 19:24 That with an iron pen and lead they were engraved in the rock forever!
Job 19:25 But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives. In the end, he will stand upon the earth.
Job 19:26 After my skin is destroyed, then in my flesh shall I see God,
Job 19:27 Whom I, even I, shall see on my side. My eyes shall see, and not as a stranger. "My heart is consumed within me.
Job 19:28 If you say, 'How we will persecute him!' because the root of the matter is found in me,
Job 19:29 be afraid of the sword, for wrath brings the punishments of the sword, that you may know there is a judgment."