8/27/12

Aug. 27 Psalms 7-10


Aug. 27
Psalms 7-10
Psa 7:1 Yahweh, my God, I take refuge in you. Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,
Psa 7:2 lest they tear apart my soul like a lion, ripping it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
Psa 7:3 Yahweh, my God, if I have done this, if there is iniquity in my hands,
Psa 7:4 if I have rewarded evil to him who was at peace with me (yes, if I have delivered him who without cause was my adversary),
Psa 7:5 let the enemy pursue my soul, and overtake it; yes, let him tread my life down to the earth, and lay my glory in the dust. Selah.
Psa 7:6 Arise, Yahweh, in your anger. Lift up yourself against the rage of my adversaries. Awake for me. You have commanded judgment.
Psa 7:7 Let the congregation of the peoples surround you. Rule over them on high.
Psa 7:8 Yahweh administers judgment to the peoples. Judge me, Yahweh, according to my righteousness, and to my integrity that is in me.
Psa 7:9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous; their minds and hearts are searched by the righteous God.
Psa 7:10 My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart.
Psa 7:11 God is a righteous judge, yes, a God who has indignation every day.
Psa 7:12 If a man doesn't relent, he will sharpen his sword; he has bent and strung his bow.
Psa 7:13 He has also prepared for himself the instruments of death. He makes ready his flaming arrows.
Psa 7:14 Behold, he travails with iniquity. Yes, he has conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
Psa 7:15 He has dug a hole, and has fallen into the pit which he made.
Psa 7:16 The trouble he causes shall return to his own head. His violence shall come down on the crown of his own head.
Psa 7:17 I will give thanks to Yahweh according to his righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of Yahweh Most High.
Psa 8:1 Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth, who has set your glory above the heavens!
Psa 8:2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength, because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger.
Psa 8:3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
Psa 8:4 what is man, that you think of him? What is the son of man, that you care for him?
Psa 8:5 For you have made him a little lower than God, and crowned him with glory and honor.
Psa 8:6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands. You have put all things under his feet:
Psa 8:7 All sheep and cattle, yes, and the animals of the field,
Psa 8:8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea, and whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
Psa 8:9 Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
Psa 9:1 I will give thanks to Yahweh with my whole heart. I will tell of all your marvelous works.
Psa 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in you. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Psa 9:3 When my enemies turn back, they stumble and perish in your presence.
Psa 9:4 For you have maintained my just cause. You sit on the throne judging righteously.
Psa 9:5 You have rebuked the nations. You have destroyed the wicked. You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
Psa 9:6 The enemy is overtaken by endless ruin. The very memory of the cities which you have overthrown has perished.
Psa 9:7 But Yahweh reigns forever. He has prepared his throne for judgment.
Psa 9:8 He will judge the world in righteousness. He will administer judgment to the peoples in uprightness.
Psa 9:9 Yahweh will also be a high tower for the oppressed; a high tower in times of trouble.
Psa 9:10 Those who know your name will put their trust in you, for you, Yahweh, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Psa 9:11 Sing praises to Yahweh, who dwells in Zion, and declare among the people what he has done.
Psa 9:12 For he who avenges blood remembers them. He doesn't forget the cry of the afflicted.
Psa 9:13 Have mercy on me, Yahweh. See my affliction by those who hate me, and lift me up from the gates of death;
Psa 9:14 that I may show forth all your praise. In the gates of the daughter of Zion, I will rejoice in your salvation.
Psa 9:15 The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made. In the net which they hid, their own foot is taken.
Psa 9:16 Yahweh has made himself known. He has executed judgment. The wicked is snared by the work of his own hands. Meditation. Selah.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned back to Sheol, even all the nations that forget God.
Psa 9:18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the poor perish forever.
Psa 9:19 Arise, Yahweh! Don't let man prevail. Let the nations be judged in your sight.
Psa 9:20 Put them in fear, Yahweh. Let the nations know that they are only men. Selah.
Psa 10:1 Why do you stand far off, Yahweh? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
Psa 10:2 In arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak. They are caught in the schemes that they devise.
Psa 10:3 For the wicked boasts of his heart's cravings. He blesses the greedy, and condemns Yahweh.
Psa 10:4 The wicked, in the pride of his face, has no room in his thoughts for God.
Psa 10:5 His ways are prosperous at all times. He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight. As for all his adversaries, he sneers at them.
Psa 10:6 He says in his heart, "I shall not be shaken. For generations I shall have no trouble."
Psa 10:7 His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and oppression. Under his tongue is mischief and iniquity.
Psa 10:8 He lies in wait near the villages. From ambushes, he murders the innocent. His eyes are secretly set against the helpless.
Psa 10:9 He lurks in secret as a lion in his ambush. He lies in wait to catch the helpless. He catches the helpless, when he draws him in his net.
Psa 10:10 The helpless are crushed. They collapse. They fall under his strength.
Psa 10:11 He says in his heart, "God has forgotten. He hides his face. He will never see it."
Psa 10:12 Arise, Yahweh! God, lift up your hand! Don't forget the helpless.
Psa 10:13 Why does the wicked person condemn God, and say in his heart, "God won't call me into account?"
Psa 10:14 But you do see trouble and grief. You consider it to take it into your hand. You help the victim and the fatherless.
Psa 10:15 Break the arm of the wicked. As for the evil man, seek out his wickedness until you find none.
Psa 10:16 Yahweh is King forever and ever! The nations will perish out of his land.
Psa 10:17 Yahweh, you have heard the desire of the humble. You will prepare their heart. You will cause your ear to hear,
Psa 10:18 to judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that man who is of the earth may terrify no more.