8/30/12

God is "yes", even when we are "no"


Have a stubborn child? Then this probably looks familiar to you; it does to me.  But, that was long ago, thousands of miles away and almost forgotten.  But, kids grow up, things change; now its their turn to guide those under THEIR charge to grow up properly.  When I first saw this, I said to myself... boy, I am glad God is like this.. . Paul puts it like this...

2 Corinthians, Chapter 1
 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, by me, Silvanus, and Timothy, was not “Yes and no,” but in him is “Yes.” 20 For however many are the promises of God, in him is the “Yes.” Therefore also through him is the “Amen,” to the glory of God through us.

God could have wiped out all human life in the flood.  He could have destroyed the world along with Sodom and Gomorrah or when Israel strayed into idolatry.  God has been patient with human beings since they first appeared on the Earth and hopefully will continue to be until Jesus returns.  For our part, we need to be receptive to his word; willing to become obedient to every desire for us. I freely admit that sometimes I can be a bit TOO stubborn and hope that God will be understanding towards me when my time to "meet my maker" has arrived.  Today, my wish for you is that God will be merciful to you as well!!!