8/11/12

How do I define....


Who am I?  I probably would respond by giving my name.  But, that was something given to me at birth and it may or may not reflect who I am.  Again, who am I?  Now it gets interesting-- years ago, I might have responded by saying my occupation or perhaps my martial status.  Today, I view myself as a mixture of the past and present (like the odd blending of old and new in the picture).  More than that though, I define myself as a Christian, who just happens to have a history and a future.  And what will that future be?  That depends on my choices in this world....

Matthew, Chapter 13
 47 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a dragnet, that was cast into the sea, and gathered some fish of every kind,  48 which, when it was filled, they drew up on the beach. They sat down, and gathered the good into containers, but the bad they threw away.  49 So will it be in the end of the world. The angels will come forth, and separate the wicked from among the righteous,  50 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.”" 51 Jesus said to them, "“Have you understood all these things?”"

They answered him, “Yes, Lord.”

  52 He said to them, "“Therefore, every scribe who has been made a disciple in the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who is a householder, who brings out of his treasure new and old things.”"

I am what I value. More than the interests represented in the blending of the picture above, I place the highest value on pleasing God.  His integration into every aspect of my life changes me.  I am no longer a name or a title or a status, but rather beloved of God, simply a Christian trying to do the best I can.  Over time, this defines me and I hope to find myself on the right side at the upcoming separation.  What stories I will tell in heaven; not of clocks or computers or worldly things, but of the treasures of my heart in loving God Almighty.   Hope you can say the same!!!